Software Engineer, Front End
About the role
About The Role
We are looking for a solutions-oriented Front-End Engineer with a passion for building seamless digital experiences to join our team. You will be working with an agile team to build a next generation Fin-tech/SaaS product. This role will be instrumental in helping to continue to build an innovative platform for the company.
What You'll Do
- You'll work with the team to plan, shape, and build new product features for our web app.
- You'll improve the performance, reliability, and polish of our web app.
- You'll help build and improve internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind. For example, you might write a script that makes it easier to deploy new versions of our apps.
What We're Looking For
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Ability to ship quality apps at scale: You can work with a team to build and maintain quality web apps for a large audience. You're familiar with React and Redux and have handled UI building in those languages
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about business impact and prioritize projects accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes real people's lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Team player: For you, work isn't a solo endeavor. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the
- First employees of a fast-growing, venture-backed company
- Stock options
- 20 vacation days in a year
- Medical Insurance