BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
About the role
Collectionair is a curated marketplace for Fine Art. Launched in March 2016, Collectionair’s mission is to help art lovers become proud art owners by making collecting simple and affordable. Collectionair.com is showcasing up-and-coming and established artists from international emerging art scenes. Collectionair keeps on building an international network of curators, bringing new online exhibitions every week, from which collectors can buy all of the works on exhibit.
Through their professional eyes, the curators empower our users to discover the upcoming artists they love. Whether our collectors are just stepping into the world of Fine Art, or whether they are already art addicts, Collectionair positions itself as the go to place to find hidden gems from around the world, at an average price of $2,000.
The platform is supported by a high-profile advisory committee including Jean-Hubert Martin, Philippa Adams, Emmanuelle de Montgazon, Catherine Ugols, Adelina Von Furstenberg, Albertine de Galbert and Claudia Milic, Art dealer. Collectionair has gained recognition from the international art scene, becoming one of the first online art platforms to participate in prominent art fairs, such as Art Geneve.
You can find further information about Collectionair on our website www.collectionair.com
About the Business Development Manager role
This is an exciting opportunity to join and work very closely with the founding team (Founders, CEO/COO) to help manage Collectionair’s relationship with top clients, partners and other stakeholders, as well as to generate new leads. This role is incredibly diverse and will also allow the candidate to get involved in different aspects of digital selling, e-PR, CRM, and Affiliate marketing.
This is a role that requires outstanding organisational and time management skills along with a strong passion for sales and for building relationships. We are looking for curious, professional and capable individuals that are driven to improve on the status quo.
• Developing and implementing company's sales and business development strategy for corporate, trade and VIP clients
• Identifying business development opportunities in the sector, including establishing and maintaining connections with interior designers, property developers, office spaces and other trade and corporate professionals, as well as highly affluent customers
• Creative direction over all outgoing proposals and curatorial activities
• Developing and reporting on the department's Key Performance Indicators
• Liaising with interior designers, property developers and decision makers to deliver high impact and profitable solutions
• Hiring, training and motivating an ambitious team to develop business in the UAE and overseas
• Liaising with a wide range of partners, stakeholders and clients, from framers and couriers to affluent VIP customers on a daily basis
• Liaising with the operations team to ensure timely framing, delivery and installation of artworks (for specific projects and to support the Head of Operations)
• Overseeing day-to-day customer service
• Working closely with the founding team to identify, develop and implement strategic projects in the Operations department
Education and background
• Educated to degree level in Art History, with strong academic background from a top institution
• Background in Law or Business highly desirable
• International working experience is a MUST
Experience and qualifications
• Experience working in the art market in a sales role and dealing with interior designers, property developers and other trade and corporate professionals
• Experience working in a fast paced environment (start-up preferred) with limited supervision and a proven track record of proposing innovative and disruptive solutions
• Experience in art logistics (shipping, insurance, framing, installation) in an international context is a plus
• Proven track record of networking, establishing new partnerships and maintaining long term business relationships
• Proven track record of customer retention skills and upselling to clients
• Fluent command of English is a MUST
• Proven track record proposing innovative solutions, working under pressure and consistently meeting deadlines with limited support
• Willingness to go above and beyond if necessary
• High proficiency with CRM software, namely Prosperworks, FreshDesk and Hubspot
This role is a permanent full-time position starting ASAP with a possibility to be based in either Lisbon or Dubai. Competitive salary dependent on location and experience.