Senior Frontend Engineer
About the role
We are looking for a talented Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team in Lisbon to help us work on MVPs for new products. You will be working closely with strategists, entrepreneurs, researchers and other developers on greenfield projects.
What we're looking for...
• A Graduate degree in a Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
• An understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
• A solid understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and RESTful API calls
• Proficiency in cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• An understanding of accessibility, SEO principles and its implications for web applications
• An eagerness for lean, pragmatic and well-tested code
• Have an European work permit
• Be enthusiastic, optimistic and a great problem solver
• Be hungry to investigate emerging creative and technology trends
• Be autonomous, self-driven and able to work well under pressure
• Love a rigorous debate with your colleagues and embrace change, lots of change
Super double extra points if you...
• Live and breathe OSS while preparing for the worst flaws, like XSS, CSRF, etc.
What you'll be doing...
• Developing new smooth web and mobile user interfaces, prototypes, and MVPs
• Bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, ensuring technical feasibility
• Translating the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use
• Optimizing applications for speed and scalability
• Executing work that adheres to best practice brand and consistency standards
• Collaborating with Product and other team members to prioritize work
• Participating in code reviews and sharing knowledge
Iterating fast with an agile project management process and Kanban boards
Why you should join...
• This is the opportunity to be a part of something big, no HUGE! You will have the opportunity to disrupt entire industries - and have fun while doing so.
• Live (and drink and eat) in sunny Lisbon. Our offices are located on the banks of the Tagus river, just 2 minutes away from the Timeout Market and dozens of bars.
• 22 paid vacation days
• Flexible work hours. Bottom line is you need to get stuff done.
• Access to our game room where some pretty epic FIFA Games are known to take place.
• We've been called the Navy Seals of the startup world. Ok, nobody has us called us that, yet, but we're trying to make it stick.