About the role
We're looking for an Data Engineer to lead the move of our data processing and computation pipeline into the cloud. As part of our data science team, you'll work with data scientists and software engineers to build a platform to facilitate training and predicting from models as quickly and efficiently as possible. You'll form a crucial bridge between our investigative data science work and our production learning and optimisation platform.
- Own our ML platform, from design to implementation.
- Contribute to the development of our Python backend services.
- Play a key part in shaping the development and direction of our software platform
- You have 3 or more years of professional experience as a software engineer, using Python or an equivalent language.
- You have 2 or more years of professional experience working with distributed computing frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop.
- You have 1 or more years of professional experience working with at least one cloud technology provider (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- You are excited and motivated by challenging and multifaceted problems.
- You are an excellent oral and written communicator and are able to convey your ideas clearly to a multi-disciplinary team.
Nice to have
- You have experience running and deploying services using Google Cloud Platform tools.
- You have experience training and optimising ML models using TensorFlow.
- You are interested in biotech and have a desire to learn more.