At QV Bioelectronics, we’re revolutionising treatment for brain tumours, so that we can deliver longer, better quality lives for patients. We are pioneering implanted electrotherapy technology with the stated aim of doubling patient life-expectancy without impacting their quality of life. Our approach combines the cutting edge of biology, advanced materials, and precision engineering to deliver these transformational outcomes.
We are a rapidly growing company with a small, passionate team with a range of scientific backgrounds. This is a rare opportunity to join an early stage but rapidly growing VC-backed MedTech start-up.
About the role
We are seeking a passionate post-doctoral scientist to run preclinical testing of our innovative technology as applied to the treatment of glioblastoma and other neurooncological indications.
Reporting to the Principal scientist pre-clinical biology, you will also work closely alongside other members of the team as well as external clinical and academic collaborators.
Candidates should have an interest in start-ups and emerging technologies, with ambitions to grow with the company as it moves towards the clinic. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for making decisions that have an enormous impact on the future of our business from day one and be expected to work with significant autonomy.
· Plan and conduct in vitro research into the impacts and mechanisms of action of electrotherapy on cellular models of glioblastoma and other brain tumours.
· Develop advanced cellular models including but not limited to cerebral organoids.
· Work with collaborators to plan and execute large animal testing of QV Bioelectronics’ innovative technology.
· Participate in shaping the clinical translation strategy of the company, with the aim of beginning first-in-man clinical trials within two and half years.
· Support other members of the team in managing research projects, writing grant applications, patents, and scientific publications.
· Representing the company at scientific conferences and meetings with clinicians, healthcare regulators and investors.
· PhD in Cancer Biology or similar discipline, with extensive cell culture experience.
· Experienced cell and molecular biologist, able to undertake a wide range of analysis.
· Strong academic publication record or demonstrable research expertise in a commercial setting.
· A team player with a ‘can-do’ problem-solving mindset & dedicated work ethic.
· Excellent communicator in both oral and written format.
· Fast learner, who can hit the ground running.
· Experience of advanced cell culturing techniques, e.g. – Organoid, stem cell cultures etc.
· Experience of translational clinical research.
· Experience of inter-disciplinary research.
· Experience of in vivo research with a Home Office personal licence.
· Experience handling omics data analysis.
· Competitive compensation & share options in a rapidly growing start-up.
· Autonomous work environment.
· Opportunities for career growth and personal development.
· Working alongside a small, passionate, and friendly team.
Work will primarily be based at Alderley Park, the UK’s leading life science campus. This vibrant community includes world-class laboratory facilities, modern office facilities and diverse food and drink offerings. Based in the Cheshire countryside, Alderley Park also has excellent amenities including:
· Onsite Gym, Health, and fitness studio.
· Onsite restaurant, cafes, and pub.
· Walking, running, and cycling routes set within 400 acres of idyllic parkland.
Alderley Park has excellent transport links to Manchester, ranked the best UK city outside of London for the availability of retail and leisure, with four national parks within an hour’s drive.
This role would be full-time. The position is not eligible for remote work. If you are not based within a commutable distance, you will be expected to relocate.
How to Apply:
Apply with your CV & cover letter to [email protected]
For more information about who we are, visit our website at www.qvbio.co.uk and if you have any additional queries please contact us at [email protected].
What happens next:
If successful in the first stage, you will be invited for an initial remote interview. We endeavour to inform all applicants of the status of their applications throughout the process.
Cheshire (nr. Manchester)