About QV Bioelectronics:
At QV Bioelectronics, we’re revolutionising treatment for brain tumours, so that we can deliver longer, better quality lives for patients. We are pioneering implanted electrotherapy technology with the stated aim of doubling patient life-expectancy without impacting their quality of life. Our approach combines the cutting edge of biology, advanced materials, and precision engineering to deliver these transformational outcomes.
We are a rapidly growing company with a small, passionate team with a range of scientific backgrounds. This is a rare opportunity to join an early stage but rapidly growing VC-backed MedTech start-up.
In the role of preclinical research scientist, the successful applicant will lead the preclinical testing of QV Bioelectronics’ electrotherapy technology. Candidates should have an interest in start-ups and emerging technologies, with ambitions to take up leadership roles within the company in the near future. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for making decisions that have enormous impact on the future of our business from day one and be expected to work with significant autonomy. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will also work closely alongside other members of the team as well as external clinical and academic collaborators.
• Plan and conduct in vitro research into the impacts and mechanisms of action of electrotherapy on cellular models of glioblastoma and other glial cancers.
• Work with collaborators to plan and execute large animal testing of QV Bioelectronics’ innovative technology.
• Take a lead role in shaping the clinical translation strategy of the company, with the aim of beginning in-man clinical trials within four years.
• Support other members of the team in managing research projects, writing grant applications, patents and scientific publications.
• Representing the company at scientific conferences and meetings with clinicians, healthcare regulators and investors.
Work will primarily be based at Alderley Park, the UK’s leading life science campus. This vibrant community includes world class laboratory facilities, modern office facilities and a diverse food and drink offering. Based in the Cheshire Countryside. Alderley Park also has the excellent amenities including:
• Onsite Gym, Health and fitness studio
• Onsite restaurant, cafes and pub.
• Walking, running, and cycling routes set within 400 acres of idyllic parkland
• Excellent local transport links
Alderley Park has excellent transport links to Central and Greater Manchester, alongside transport buses from nearby areas. The site is situated just 18 miles from Manchester City Centre, ranked the best UK city outside of London for the availability of retail and leisure, with four national parks within an hour’s drive.
We are unable to sponsor work visas currently. Please confirm your ability to work in the UK without visa sponsorship before applying.
This role would be full-time. The position is not eligible for remote work. If you are not based within a commutable distance, you will be expected to relocate.