Community and Growth Intern
About the role
Who we’re looking for.
We're looking for someone who loves helping people. If you love interacting with people on a daily basis to help them understand how to use technology and to help get the most out of their education, then read on…
You're empathetic to customers (parents, students and tutors) and can easily put yourself in their shoes. You realise that not everyone has the same skill set and that smart people sometimes make mistakes. You make customers feel empowered after interacting with them: not stupid because of a small mistake or oversight. You obsess over the details. Maybe you only use one exclamation mark as a rule of thumb for every email. Maybe it's only three sentences per paragraph. Either way, you make sure each word and each punctuation mark makes the customer delighted to work with you.
You love solving problems. Every customer is different and every problem is unique to them. You thrive on being able to meet their specific needs, and solving their problems in the best way possible.
You can see the bigger picture. Support at Tutorean is much different than at many online companies. We’re growing at an incredibly fast rate and so there’s always a new feature around the corner. There’s always a solution to a problem that a customer is facing right now - but we’re probably working on something that means their life will be even easier and even more exciting in the months to come. Being aware of the Tutorean road map will mean you can not only solve problems in the present, but also paint a picture of what the future holds - informing and inspiring customers and inviting them
onto our journey at the same time. You love to set your own course.
At Tutorean, we have quick team meetings each week and then we go and make things happen. You get to make things happen without someone saying so.
Things You Might Do.
Tutorean is a small, fast-growing company and we’ve reached a stage where we really want to get to know all of our customers, old and new, on a deeper level. So, you’ll be responsible for reaching out to our community and supporting them whatever stage they’re at.
You can expect to:
● Work alongside the company Founder and Head of Community to dramatically improve customer happiness and retention
● Reach out to our existing database of parents, students and tutors to establish relationships and provide support.
● Help customers via email, chat or phone to ensure they have the best experience possible.
● Write documentation to help users help themselves
● Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
Location: Planet Earth.
We're based in the amazing WeWork which is an awesome community and space to be! But we know that everyone prefers working in different ways, and different environments, sometimes remotely, sometimes in the office. So we'll leave it up to you.
● Work for 1 or 2 months depending on your availability, paying £1k per month;
● Have access to our snazzy WeWork office;
● That means free beer everyday, if you like beer...and meet ups too
● Get to work with leading entrepreneurs, growth hackers & founders in the Tech space
Good phone manner