As a Lead QA Automation Engineer, you are responsible for all aspects of quality assurance. You will be part of a team using cutting-edge technology to deliver war-winning testing capabilities and working closely with onshore and offshore QA teams to ensure a high-quality product. Also, have ownership for preparing test automation solutions, designing automation framework, and lead the development and implementation of automation test strategy, test plan, and test execution of the product. You must have demonstrated the ability to significantly impact a product by enhancing test automation processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define strategic direction for testing by providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve quality practices across the testing team.
- Prepare test strategy applying industry-accepted practices, tools, and technologies.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders, including the Business owner, System Architects, ScrumMaster, developers, and business analysts, to improve the testing infrastructure and mature the standard practices.
- Hands-on and lead QA Engineers to design and build test architectures, including test automation frameworks, code libraries, etc., to use across the platforms.
- Enhance the architecture of the automated test frameworks for Web and RESTful APIs.
- Support optimization of testing time by leveraging Selenium and Containerize technology.
- Take ownership of automated testing efforts for the different application tiers and mentor other automation test engineers.
- Enhance and implement test automation frameworks using Selenium, Java, Selenium Grid, REST Assured, TestNG, Allure, and other infrastructure needed to support automation.
- Integrate with CI/CD tools and pipeline (i.e., Jenkins).
- Lead to create, maintain, and evolve Quality Assurance practices and standards that are leveraged across the company.
- Collaborate with project teams to strategize & align long-term solutions for test automation, including roadmap, tools, framework & approaches.
- Promote a risk-aware culture to ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Conduct QA meetings to sync with global team.
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience in test automation.
- 6 years of hands-on experience with the following test automation technologies/frameworks including, Selenium, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Maven, Allure report, Rest Assured, Git/GitHub, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira Xray, and Jenkins.
- 5 years of hands-on experience coding with Java.
- Experience working and managing onshore and offshore automation engineers, including coaching, mentoring, performance reviews, and other duties associated with a leadership role.
- Must have hands-on experience in API testing and knowledge of Rest Assured.
- Hands-on experience working on complex distributed systems, understanding large complex environments, and knowledge of quality and risk-based testing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated individual with an ability to work independently and with a team while delivering exceptional results.
- Technical/professional learning – Keeps up with current developments and trends in the field.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to advance in the field and apply newly acquired knowledge in the role.
- An excellent team player with an ability to be effective in defining program-changing processes in a continuous improvement manner.
- Experience with testing Chatbots or dialog systems.
- Experience or interest in ML, NLP, Conversational engines.
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL databases.